Location – West Side Y, 400 Winston Road, Knoxville
Date/Time – June 28, 2013, from 1:30pm – 4:30pm
The YMCA of East Tennessee will be holding a job fair to fill available positions as After School Child Care Counselor, Manager on Duty, and Member Services Representatives. A brief description of the jobs and qualifications can be found below.
Please pre-register for the job fair by emailing Ken Teague at email@example.com or by calling 865-766-8533. You will need to print, complete, and bring with you an application (Download Application For Employment Form ) and a resume if you have one completed. During the job fair there will be a chance to see first-hand what the jobs entail as well as a question and answer time. Individuals that are interested in applying for a position need to be prepared to be interviewed at the job fair.
After School Child Care Counselor
Location: Multiple Locations in Knox County
Hours: M-F, up to 28 hours per week; occasional weekend work required for training.
Pay: $7.75 – $12.00 per hour depending on education and work experience.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. One or more years of college preferred. Previous experience working with children, preferably in a day camp or after school setting is preferred. Must be able to pass drug screening, background check and meet other requirements set by the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
Brief Description: Child Care Counselors provide direct supervision of a group of children in an after school camp setting for grades K-5th. Responsible for developing and implementing daily lesson plans with provided curriculum in a safe, healthy, and fun atmosphere.
Manager On Duty
Location: West Side Y
Hours: Mornings/Nights/Weekends, up to 28 hours per week.
Pay: $9.00 – $12.00 per hour depending on education and work experience.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. One of more years of customer service preferred. Previous experience supervising, preferably in customer service is preferred. Need to have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to pass drug screening and background check.
Brief Description: The manager on duty is responsible for assisting the branch director in all areas, providing support to the front desk as needed, and to assist with membership system management and to ensure the safety of all participants in the facility.
Member Services Representative
Location: Davis Family Y
Hours: Mornings/Nights/Weekends, up to 28 hours per week.
Pay: $8.00 – $9.00 per hour depending on education and work experience.
Qualifications: Need to have excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong data entry and professional phone etiquette skills. Need to have schedule flexibility and the ability to work in a team environment. Must be able to pass drug screening and background check.
Brief Description: Responsible for providing exceptional customer service and administrative support while handling inbound and outbound customer inquiries and quality assurance calls.
Other Current Openings:
The following positions are also available, however, they are not included in the Job Fair. Please follow instructions for application process as indicated for each position.
Senior Program Director – Health & Well-Being and Aquatics
Location - Lindsay Young Downtown Y and Cansler Family Y
Position Type – Fulltime, Exempt
Salary: $36,000 – $46,000
- Leads, supervises and monitors Health & Well-Being and Aquatic operations and program activities to meet YMCA objectives and adhere to state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Develops monitors and effectively forecasts program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establishes new program activities, increases participation, and expands programming within the community in accordance with Association/Branch strategic and operating plans.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of and participation in the program and creates new programs for both facilities and both departments.
- Oversee two full time staff and recruits, hires, trains, develop schedules, directs and motivates personnel and volunteers to achieve goals.
- Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete for both departments.
- Develops and nurtures collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Engages volunteers and assists with volunteer committee meetings.
- Actively participates in and supports the goals of the Strong Communities Annual Campaign through building relationships, engaging volunteers and carrying out other assigned fund raising duties.
- Participates and contributes towards the goals of quality management teams, and other assigned committees of the Association.
- Ensures marketing materials comply with Y branding guidelines and uses Y Voice to effectively tell the YMCA story.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and assists with special events.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Monitors and assists in the maintenance of a clean and sanitary program and Health & Well-Being and Aquatic environment and meets all state and local licensing requirements.
- Inspects equipment within programs areas for safety hazards, damage or wear.
- Maintains accurate records for programs, facilities, and staff for H&WB and Aquatics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent.
- Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, and Blood borne Pathogens within 30 days of employment.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Blood borne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months.
- Group Exercise and Strength Conditioning certifications preferred.
- Any approved Lifeguarding – Swim Lesson Certification preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader preferred.
- Five year minimum of supervisory experience is strongly preferred. YMCA experience is preferred.
- Five years’ experience in Health & Well-Being and Aquatics programming and systems.
- General experience in sports systems, procedures, and guidelines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, along with ability to learn the internal YMCA software-daxko.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume’ to YMCA of East Tennessee ATT: Kim Ballard at 136 Fox Road, Knoxville, TN 37922
Resumes until: 06/28/2013
Location – West Side Y
Position Type – Seasonal Part-time, non-exempt
Start Date – May 2013: Currently hiring for summer work at the West Side Outdoor Pool for both morning and afternoon shifts
Overview of Position:
The Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Lifeguard must be able to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with the Y’s policies and procedures.
- Must be 15 years old or older.
- Must currently have the following courses; Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguarding Certification, CPR for the professional rescuer, AED/First Aid. Other certifications may be required.
- Able to pass background and drug screening.
To Apply or request more detailed job description please contact Michelle Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also download an application (below) and send or bring it to the West Side Y, 400 N. Winston Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.
Aqua Aerobics Instructor
Location – West Side and Davis Y
Position Type – Part-time, non-exempt
Start Date – Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30-9:30am at West Side and 11:00am-12:00noon at Davis. Also need to be available to fill-in as needed.
Pay: $15-$18 per class depending on experience and certifications
To Apply or request more detailed job description please contact Amanda Roland at the West Side Y at 865-690-9622 or Steve Barnas at the Davis Y at 865-777-9622.
The YMCA of East Tennessee is an equal opportunity employment employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. YMCA of East Tennessee is also an E-Verify Employer.