After School Child Care Site Coordinator
Location – Knox County
FLSA Position Type – Part-Time, 28-35 hours per week
Pay - $10.00 – $12.00 Per Hour
Brief Description: Site Coordinator is responsible for management, supervision, and promotion of a licensed after school child care program for children in grades K-5th. This position will supervise a small staff of well-trained counselors that provide quality youth programs in a safe, healthy, and fun atmosphere.
- Associates Degree and/or TECTA required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years combined experience in a group/classroom setting also required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Adult/Child CPR and First Aid certifications.
Must be able to pass drug screening, background check and meet other requirements set by the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
To Apply or request more detailed job description please contact Lori Humphreys at email@example.com You may also download an application (below) and send or bring it to the West Side Y, 400 N. Winston Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.
After School Child Care Counselor
Location: Multiple Locations in Knox County
Hours: M-F, 2:00-6:00pm, occasional weekend work required for training.
Pay: $8.00 – $10.00 per hour depending on education and work experience.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. One or more years of college preferred. Previous experience working with children, preferably in a day camp setting, is preferred. Must be able to pass drug screening, background check and meet other requirements set by the Tennessee Department of Human Services. For a more detailed Job Description with qualifications please contact Tonya Creed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief Description: Child Care Counselors provide direct supervision of a group of children in an after school camp setting for grades K-5th. Responsible for developing and implementing daily lesson plans with provided curriculum in a safe, healthy, and fun atmosphere.
How to apply: Applications can be obtained at any YMCA of East Tennessee or on our website at http://ymcaknoxville.org/ under employment. Completed application and resume can be sent to Tonya Creed at email@example.com or mailed/dropped off it off at the Cansler YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street, Knoxville, TN 37917.
Location: West Side Family Y
Salary: $30,000 – $38,000
The Aquatics Director’s primary responsibility is the overall management of the Aquatic Department at the West Side Family YMCA, under the supervision of the Executive Director. This position will oversee a large outdoor pool and competitive swim team in the summer and a 6 lane indoor pool year round.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, and also 3 years of swim instruction of all levels and ages and lifeguard experience.
- Strong organizational, computer and communication skills, being able to maintain good member relations and staff relations.
- Current certifications in Red Cross/ YMCA LGT, CPR/AED-PRO, O2, and First Aid.
- Possess strong organizational and computer skills
- Experience supervising staff and developing pool schedule and class schedule, as well as good member relation and staff relation skills.
- Maintain current certification in Red Cross /YMCA LGT, CPR/AED Pro, Administering O2, First Aid.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills for dealing with daily issues in a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations and use active listening skills with members in order to build relationships and understand the individual’s goals and interests and take the initiative to assist in achievement of those goals.
- Develop, implement and oversee all aquatic programs, including, but not limited to, parent child, preschool, youth and adult swim lessons, lifeguard training, pool rentals, masters and youth swim teams, summer camp swim lessons and the outdoor pool in the summer.
- Develop, manage and achieve the annual aquatic budget.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate all paid and volunteer instructors and lifeguards as programs dictate and budget guidelines allow.
- Schedule and staff all aquatic programs.
- Maintain good parent, staff and community relationships.
- Participate in Branch & Association activities including Signature events & Annual Campaign.
- Perform building coverage as needed.
- Participate in trainings that benefit the position and the YMCA.
- Instruct classes and lifeguards as needed.
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly payroll on a timely basis through Web-based Payroll System.
- Hold orientation meetings for the parent child and preschool swim lessons for new participants at the beginning of every session.
- Have a working knowledge of DAXKO Operations/Accounting computer program.
- Communicate effectively with the other association Aquatics Directors through the QMT.
Additional Compensation Details:
Medical benefits, life insurance, retirement fund -12%, paid vacation, sick time and paid AYP membership.
Please send all resumes to Ken Teague at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes accepted until: 10/3/2014
Aqua Aerobics Instructor
Location – West Side and Davis Y
Position Type – Part-time, non-exempt
Start Date – Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30-9:30am at West Side and 11:00am-12:00noon at Davis. Also need to be available to fill-in as needed.
Pay: $15-$18 per class depending on experience and certifications
To Apply or request more detailed job description please contact Lori Humphreys at the West Side Y at 865-690-9622 or Steve Barnas at the Davis Y at 865-777-9622.
The YMCA of East Tennessee is an equal opportunity employment employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. YMCA of East Tennessee is also an E-Verify Employer.