North Side Y hosts three swim clinics each year. This winter, we will be offering both a basic and an advanced swim clinic. Qualified swim team coaches will work with your swimmer on improving strength, speed, and endurance in the water. Coaches teach all four competitive swimming strokes including freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Days and Times: Tuesday and Thursday nights, Basic Swim Clinic 6:30-7:15pm, Advanced Swim Clinic 7:15-8:00pm
- Ages: 5-18 (all swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool unassisted)
- Member Cost: $96 (8 week session) / $120 (10 week session)
- Non-Member Cost: $120 (8 week session) / $160 (10 week session)
2014 Swim Clinic Dates:
- January 7-February 27 (8-weeks)
- March 4-May 15 (10 weeks)
- September 9-November 13 (10 weeks)
Basic Swim Clinic:
For beginner and intermediate swimmers with less than 2 years experience in competitive swimming. While we divide clinics based on experience and not age, we anticipate most participants in basic swim clinic to be under 13 years old.
Advanced Swim Clinic:
For advanced swimmers with 2 or more years of experience in competitive swimming. While we divide clinics based on experience and not age, we anticipate most participants in advanced swim clinic to be 10 and over.
Birthday Parties at the Y
Families & fun go hand-in-hand at the YMCA! Why not treat the kids to a pool party? Just give us a call at (865) 922-9622 or contact us to make a reservation.
Party Times Available:
- Friday: 6-8pm
- Saturday: 1-3pm OR 3:30-5:30pm
- Sunday: 2-4pm
- Member Cost: $115
- Guest Cost: $150
Lock-Ins and after hours rentals are available for church groups, school groups, sports teams, or other community groups. Call us for more information at 922-9622.
Swim lessons are offered at the Bob Temple North Side YMCA, including group lessons, private lessons and swim clinics. For class information and registration, please visit the swim lessons page.
View and download the schedule from the pool schedule page.
Lifeguard Training Classes
Earn American Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Oxygen Administration. Spaces are limited, so register early!
In-Water Pre-Test: Candidates must pass the following in-water pre-test before registering for the full course:
- Complete a 300-yard swim: 100 yard front crawl, 100 yard breaststroke,100 yard front crawl or breast stroke. 300-yard swim is not timed, but must be completed with no breaks. The swimmer’s face must be in the water.
- Complete a 20 yard swim, surface dive, retrieve a 10 lb brick and return with the face at the surface of the water or above it in a time limit of 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes with hands under armpits.
2014 North Side Lifeguard Class Dates:
- March 17-20, pre-test March 7
- May 1-May 4, pre-test April 25
- June 19-22, pre-test June 13