For ages 5-18, as long as your child can swim one length of the pool unassisted, we will teach them the rest! Be a part of summer fun, learn a lifelong skill, and join a winning tradition. Registration is now open!
Cost: Includes all meet fees, t-shirt, swim cap, and awards. Team suit is not included but is optional.
- First Child: $150 (members) & $175 (non-members)
- Second Child: $130 (members) & $155 (non-members)
- Third+ Child: $120 (members) & $145 (non-members)
Practice Times: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings
- 7-7:35pm (8 and under)
- 7:35-8:30pm (9-12)
- 8:30-9:30pm (13 and older)
Wednesday and Friday mornings:
- 8:00-9:30am (all ages)
Thursday, June 13: AWAY v. Sugarwood
Monday, June 17: HOME v. Holston Hills
Monday, June 24: HOME v. Fox Den Country Club
Tuesday, July 9: AWAY v. West Side Y
July 13th and 14: Smoky Mountain Invitational
Monday, July 22: AWAY v. Gulfwood
July 26-28: City Championships at UT
North Side Y hosts three swim clinics each year. Qualified swim team coaches will work with your swimmer on improving strength, speed, and endurance in the water. Coaches teach all four competitive swimming strokes, starts, and turns.
2013 Swim Clinic Dates & Information:
- January 8-February 28 (8-weeks)
- March 12-May 23 (10 weeks)
- September 10-November 14 (10 weeks)
- Days and Times: Tuesday and Thursday nights , 7-8pm
- Ages: 5-18 (all swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool unassisted)
- Member Cost: $96 (8 week session) / $120 (10 week session)
- Non-Member Cost: $128 (8 week session) / $160 (10 week session)
Adult Swim Clinic
Are you training for a triathlon? Looking for a way to mix up your summer workouts? Always wanted to be a better swimmer? Adult Swim Clinic is for you! Instructors will teach the basics of all four competitive swimming strokes while improving your strength, speed, and endurance in the water. Each instructor will have no more than 4 students per class.
Adult Swim Clinic Dates
- June 1-22: Saturdays, 9-9:45am (4 sessions) $25 Y Members / $40 Non-Members
- June 4-27: Tuesday and Thursday Evenings, 6-6:45pm (8 sessions) $55 Y Members / $75 Non-Members
- June 5-28: Wednesday and Friday Mornings, 6:30-7:15am (8 sessions) $55 Y Members / $75 Non-Members
Birthday Parties at the Y
Families & fun go hand-in-hand at the YMCA! Why not treat the kids to a pool party? Just give us a call at (865) 922-9622 or contact us to make a reservation.
Party Times Available:
- Friday: 6-8pm
- Saturday: 1-3pm OR 3:30-5:30pm
- Sunday: 2-4pm
- Member Cost: $115
- Guest Cost: $150
Lock-Ins and after hours rentals are available for church groups, school groups, sports teams, or other community groups. Call us for more information at 922-9622.
Swim lessons are offered at the Bob Temple North Side YMCA, including group lessons, private lessons and swim clinics. For class information and registration, please visit the swim lessons page.
View and download the schedule from the pool schedule page.
Lifeguard Training Classes
Earn American Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Oxygen Administration. Spaces are limited, so register early!
In-Water Pre-Test: Candidates must pass the following in-water pre-test before registering for the full course:
- Complete a 300-yard swim: 100 yard front crawl, 100 yard breaststroke,100 yard front crawl or breast stroke. 300-yard swim is not timed, but must be completed with no breaks. The swimmer’s face must be in the water.
- Complete a 20 yard swim, surface dive, retrieve a 10 lb brick and return with the face at the surface of the water or above it in a time limit of 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes with hands under armpits.
2013 North Side Lifeguard Class Dates:
- February 21-24, pre-test February 15
- May 30-June 2, pre-test May 24
- July 11-14, pre-test July 5