A Group Ride is a fantastic way to improve your cardio fitness, burn calories, strengthen your lower body, and have fun while doing it with others! It’s also a great option to add to your other workouts. Our Group Ride will meet Thursdays at 6pm and start and end at the Cansler Y. Each week we will ride around 15 miles through the streets of Knoxville at an easy to moderate pace. Join us for a fun ride and explore new roads around Knoxville, led by professional cyclist and Cansler Y Wellness Director, Brandon “Monk” Feehery.
Everyone is welcome! Since this Group Ride is designed to help keep people moving, both members and non-members of the Y are welcome to participate, so invite a friend to ride with us! Unfortunately, since the ride takes place off the property of the YMCA, Y members may not use Child Watch while participating in the Ride.
- Triggers your body’s happy-mood inducing endorphins!
- Burns calories and boosts metabolism.
- Improves cardiovascular endurance.
- Builds lower body muscular strength and endurance with minimal joint impact.
- Improves core strength.
- Improves lung capacity with diaphragmatic breathing.
Social Group Ride Preparation
- New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers on safety, your bike, and riding on the road. If needed, please allow enough time for the instructor to help properly fit your bike.
- Alert your instructor of any injuries so they can provide any tips or modifications.
- Maintain enough distance between the other riders around you for safety.
- Relax your grip and maintain good upright posture.
- Always follow the rules of the road.