Building for the Future
The excitement is building for a revitalized facility, which will provide more efficient space and necessary upgrades to ensure a strong future for our Y and a strong future for our community. Our renovation and construction project will focus on increasing fitness and program space, creating a campus approach on our property with a new year-round aquatic center and program pavilion, and providing a dynamic facility that allows community members to connect with one other. As always, you will have access to our 4 other YMCA of East Tennessee locations.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Y will close from December 17th-31st to varnish and re-seal existing hardwood floors, place new cardio equipment, and finalize all construction. Please utilize your citywide membership to visit one of our other Y locations.
Phase 1: October-December 2018
- New Spin Studio
- New Hardwood Floors in Basketball Gym
- Redesigned and Renovated Interactive Child Watch with increased square footage
- Redesigned Dual Gym/Studio Space
- Redesigned Program Space at the “Pavilion”
What to Expect During Phase 1:
- Temporary walls will block the construction area (the lower hallway); you will still have access to the Aerobics Studio through either door
- Child Watch: Child Watch will temporarily meet in the Outdoor Pool building
- Programs: Some programs, like TaeKwonDo, TwinkleToes Dance, and Piano Lessons, will meet in the Outdoor Pool building, which upon completion of renovation will be known as “The Pavilion.”
- Gym: Midway through Phase 1, our basketball gym will be closed to allow for the installation of hardwood floors and a sound system
Phase 2: Construction Begins 2019
- More information coming soon!
To get the latest updates…
- Click here for the most recent updates and need-to-know info for members!
- Please make sure the Y has your best email address. We will send email updates along the way. Call the Y at 865-690-9622 or stop by the front desk to update yours!
- Like us on facebook.
To donate to our Capital Campaign…
To help us Build for the Future, please consider a donation to our Capital Campaign. We are working toward a stronger community for us all.