Conditioning Together combines cardio and strength training to burn calories, improve agility and build muscle. Experience the ViPR Loaded Movement Training, with dynamic music in these energetic 30-minute workouts that incorporate athletic movements and phases of high-intensity intervals.
FREE for members
Level: All. But, this is high-intensity.
Registration: 24 hour sign-up required at some branches; check with your location.
Outcomes and benefits
- Muscular strength and endurance
Tips and preparation
If you are new to class, please arrive a little early so an instructor can help you get acclimated and give you some pointers before class starts.
The Y will supply any special equipment needed for this class.
What to wear and bring
- Workout shoes
- Water bottle
More on Conditioning Together
Is this class for me?
Conditioning Together is a great choice for many different kinds of people:
- If you’re new to exercise, since Loaded Movement Training helps you develop healthy movement patterns
- People into weightlifting and strength training, who want to get stronger in many different ways
- Anyone who wants an improved quality of life
- Men and women of all ages, because you can select the size and weight of the ViPR yourself
- People who are busy, that would like cardio and strength training in 30-minute classes
- Anyone who want to improve back pain, joint health and other physical issues, because Loaded Movement Training reconditions the body
- Runners, cyclists or those who would like to improve athletic performance and prevent injuries
- Athletes who want to cross-training, because Conditioning Together is an ideal complement tvipro any sport
What will I do?
The workout is broken up into four phases of training:
1. Prep – Get off to a good start with a great warm-up! The Prep phase mobilizes the entire body while teaching you to move with the ViPR. This first five minutes of the workout bridges the gap to the more intense training that follows.
2.Vitality – The word vitality means the power to live, grow and sustain yourself. Innovative exercises and functional movement patterns improve the way you move in all aspects of life. The intensity increases to build strength, stability and cardiovascular fitness all at the same time.
3. Performance – Now is the time to challenge yourself! Performance is divided into intervals of work and rest, incorporating various training methods like endurance, power and speed training. During this phase, the group is split up into teams. Everyone works at their own pace while the teams “face-off” to motivate each other to push themselves harder!
4. Reconditioning – You’ve never experienced the ending of a workout like this. Begin the recovery process by gradually lowering the heart rate. Mobility training goes way beyond stretching to improve the total range of motion in all your joints. Let this new style of movement “sink in” with five minutes of “feel good” time.