Set A Goal this February
February is American Heart Month, and we’re encouraging all our Y members to join our Healthy Heart Challenge! Cardiovascular disease (including stroke, high blood pressure, and heart disease) is the leading killer in the U.S., both for men and women. Regular exercise, a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy weight are all easy ways to fight heart disease. February is the month to show yourself some love by taking care of your heart and sticking to healthy heart habits at the Y.
This month, join our Healthy Heart Challenge at the Y! Set a heart healthy goal, work toward your goal in February.
We want to encourage you to exercise your heart in more ways than one, so set a goal that works for you!
Need inspiration? Here are a few ideas:
Choose 4 of the challenges below and work toward them in February to remind yourself to take care of your heart.
- Do a cardio workout 3 times each week
- Strength train 2 times each week
- Take 3 different types of group exercise classes at the Y
- Play in the pool at least 2 times in February
- Walk or run with a friend or family (or dog) once a week
- Take some quiet relaxation time daily
- Eat 3 healthy meals daily
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily
- Get 7 hours of sleep nightly
- HAVE FUN DAILY!
PURCHASE YOUR HEALTHY HEART SHIRT FOR $10
The possibilities are endless – there is a goal meant for you, and only you know what that is. So, take our Healthy Heart Challenge this year and run with it. Or, walk with it, it’s up to you!
Know that the Y community is here for you always and we want to help you meet your fitness goals. Thank you for choosing the Y!