We’re launching new classes – Conditioning Together and Move Together – at all locations soon! These new 30-minute classes will use a new workout tool called a ViPR to have you moving and feeling better. You’ll see these classes added to your Y’s schedule this April or May. Ask at your Y to find launch dates for each!
What’s a ViPR?
A ViPR is a weighted cylinder with accessible hand-grips. With a ViPR, you can add different planes of motion into your workout to get a variety of three-dimensional loaded movements. For our new classes at the Y, we’re using ViPRs in two weights: the purple ViPR is 4 kilos (8.8 lbs) and the red ViPR is 6 kilos (13.2 lbs). Choose the weight that is best for your workout!
Conditioning Together integrates strength and cardio training to build muscle, burn calories, and improve agility. Revolutionize your whole body using Loaded Movement Training in this three-dimensional experience. Dynamic music drives the energetic 30-minute workout with athletic movements and phases of high-intensity interval training.
What to Expect
Each Conditioning Together class will include Prep, Vitality, Performance, and Reconditioning.
- Prep: Warm-up your muscles and prepare for the high-intensity work to come.
- Vitality: Use loaded exercises and functional movement patters to build strength, stability, and improve your cardio fitness.
- Performance: High-intensity intervals of work and rest with the ViPR will have you sweating! We’ll incorporate training methods like endurance, power, and speed work to challenge you each class.
- Reconditioning: Mobility training will improve your total range of motion in all your joints.
In just 30 minutes, you’ll get a full-body workout packed full of unconventional movements.
Is Conditioning Together for Me?
Conditioning Together is a high-intensity class for anyone looking for a challenge! The thirty-minute time-frame makes this class doable for anyone prepared to sweat. Start your movements small, and increase the range of your movements or the weight of your ViPR for more of a challenge. If you’re not quite ready for this class, try starting with Move Together.
Move Together will have you feeling and moving better in only 30 minutes. Build movement health by mastering the fundamental patterns that encompass everything you do in life. Grow your movement confidence with coaching, motivating music, and a supportive group environment that help you succeed.
What to Expect
Each Move Together class will include Energize, Skills, Play, and Homework.
- Energize: This warm-up will wake up your entire body and prepare you for the movements you’ll explore using the ViPR and the Step.
- Skills: Learn a new movement pattern and practice at your own pace. You’ll have 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery with challenges in strength, range of motion, endurance, balance, and even coordination.
- Play: Have a little fun with simple challenges that train the brain-body connection.
- Homework: Improve your everyday movement health with a quick “homework assignment” that will help you maintain your newfound movement skills.
Is Move Together for Me?
Move Together is perfect for beginners or for anyone looking to improve their overall movement health. Move Together is a good fit for those who want to exercise and be more active, but aren’t looking for a “high-intensity” workout. Experienced exercisers may also add this class to their routine to recondition the body and improve their balance and coordination.
Get a Sneak Peek of BOTH classes!