We know that exercise is a proven immunity booster. We also know that social isolation can be detrimental to your physical, emotional, and mental health. However, as our community begins to reopen, many seniors and vulnerable populations are hesitant to enter public places, even with rigorous precautions in place.
Starting May 11th, the YMCA of East Tennessee will offer special hours for adults 55 and older and vulnerable populations (immunocompromised and immunosuppressed members). If you do not fit this criteria, please consider adjusting your workout schedule so that we may serve more members safely.
Senior Hours Beginning May 11th:
- Cansler Family Y: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:15pm-3:15pm
- Tuesday: Senior Circuit at 1:30pm
- Thursday: Senior Circuit at 1:30pm
- West Side Y: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Monday: Senior Classic at 11:15am
- Wednesday: Kickstart Fitness at 11:00am
- North Side Y: Mondays and Thursdays, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Mondays: Senior Classic at 1:00pm
- Thursdays: Senior Classic at 1:00pm
- Davis Family Y: Thursdays, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Thursdays: Senior Circuit at 1:00pm
- Downtown Y: None (please visit our Cansler Y, just 1.5 miles away)
For all classes, strict social distancing is in place. All members and staff are required to wear a mask. Equipment will be cleaned before and after use to prevent cross-contamination. Click here to learn more about our facility access guidelines during this time.
Thank you for your help in keeping our Y community safe, active, and connected, even amidst the social distancing practices of our new normal.