Spring Training Challenge
Find ways to stay active and moving from HOME! Our 6-week Spring Training Challenge motivates you to work out 150 minutes per week to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle.
OBJECTIVE: Work out 150 minutes per week for 6 weeks to earn your highly-coveted “Spring Training Challenge” baseball t-shirt (pictured below). Workouts do NOT have to be completed at the Y, so work out at home, walk the dog, run at the park, whatever keeps you moving and accountable for these 6 weeks! You may use any combination of days and minutes as long as you log 150 total minutes each week.
EXTRA INNINGS CHALLENGE (Optional): We know some weeks can be hectic, so if you miss a workout of have an unexpected “off day” that prevents you from completing your 150 minutes for the week, don’t give up on the challenge! We’ve built in EXTRA INNINGS CHALLENGES that allow you to earn bonus minutes you may apply toward ANY week of the challenge. Complete ALL of the extra innings challenges, and you’ll receive a BONUS PRIZE of a Y logo black stainless steel water bottle (pictured below).
*Extra Innings Challenges will be edited due to mandated closure by the Y. These changes will be communicated here on our website, by email, and on social media.
- Week 1 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (March 23-29): Complete a brisk outdoor walk, jog, or run.
- Week 2 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (March 30-April 5): Shadow box or dance to 5 songs of your choice.
- Week 3 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (April 6-12): Take any virtual class from YMCA of East Tennessee or Y360 YouTube.
- Week 4 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (April 13-19): Complete 100 pushups, 100 squats, and 100 crunches; modifications are fine to fit your fitness level (do your pushups on your knees or leaning against a wall; use a chair to assist your squat or complete weighted squats for an extra challenge; break your 100 reps into sets of 10 or 20 over a longer period of time to finish them all!).
- Week 5 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (April 20-26): Plank for a combined 10 minutes (10 sets of 1-minute planks, 5 sets of 2-minute planks, or 2 sets of 5-minute planks, etc. to fit your fitness level). Modifications are fine! Plank on your forearms and toes, knees and hands, or even use a chair, stairs, or wall for support if needed. Extend the time or plank with your feet elevated on a chair for an added challenge.
- Week 6 UPDATED Extra Innings Challenge (April 27-May 3): Join a Facebook Live group exercise class! Find the schedule here.
- Registration Dates: March 16-28
- Challenge Dates: March 23-May 3
- Cost: $15 for Y Members; $50 for Friends of the Y (non-member program participants). Non-members receive 6 weeks of access to Y facilities.
Use the Spring Training Challenge Tracker Card to log 150 minutes of exercise each week to stay consistent in your healthy habits. Turn your tracker card in no later than May 8th to earn your Spring Training Challenge shirt and/or Y logo stainless steel water bottle! Pick up a tracker card at the front desk at registration, or print one now!
Only those who have registered for the challenge, completed the challenge, and turned in their tracker cards will win prizes.
Spring Training Challenge Shirt: Work out 150 minutes per week for 6 weeks to earn this baseball t-shirt!
YMCA Stainless Steel Water Bottle (Bonus Prize!): Complete ALL 6 Extra Innings Challenges to earn this water bottle!