These are unprecedented times for the YMCA, the nation, and the world. As the Corona virus pandemic continues to evolve, the YMCA of East Tennessee is adapting to adjust operations for the safety of our community.
Effective, Tuesday, March 17th, the YMCA of East Tennessee will not be offering group programs through Sunday, March 22nd. Additionally, we will institute an earlier closing hour of 8pm Tuesday through Friday, March 17th-20th.
The following is a list of areas that will be open and areas and programs that will be closed or cancelled:
- Hours of Operation:
- Regular opening time to 8pm, Tuesday-Friday, March 17th-20th
- Regular hours Saturday and Sunday, March 21st and 22nd
- Wellness Floor
- Group Exercise Rooms (open for individual workouts to help with social distancing)
- Basketball Gym (individual play)
- Personal Training
- Private Swim Lessons
Closures, Cancellations, and Policy Changes
- No Guest Passes
- No Group Exercise Classes
- No Child Watch
- No Group Swim Lessons
- No Steam, Sauna, and Towel Service (Downtown Y)
Keeping YMCA Members, Staff, and Participants Safe
- The Y is actively cleaning and disinfecting all hard surfaces and removing porous materials (yoga mats, porous child watch toys, etc.) from our facilities where possible
- Interior doors are propped open to reduce exposure to door handles
- We are disinfecting door handles, light switches, and faucets hourly
- We are monitoring the number of people in our building at any given time and the number of people in any room or gathered in any common space to stay within CDC guidelines and recommendations
When you do choose the visit the Y, please follow these guidelines:
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Practice social distancing by utilizing every other piece of equipment when possible (leave an empty treadmill or bike between you and your neighbor)
- Wash your hands often and utilize the hand sanitizer provided
- No one with any illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) should enter our facility
We are pleased to offer our members access to a variety of free online workouts and group exercise classes to help them stay fit during this time of social distancing. These options offer high-quality workouts via TV, computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.
- Y360 Group Exercise Classes are free to members for a limited time.
- A free YouTube channel of Y classes including Yoga, Barre, Boot Camp, and more
- MOSSA Move is free to Y members for 60 days.
- A group exercise subscription service. Members will have free access for 60 days, but cancellation is required at the end of the free trial. This transaction is between you and the MOSSA Move service, independent from the YMCA of East Tennessee.
We ask that all members and staff continue to follow the guidelines set forth by federal, state, and local agencies related to this virus. If you are at a higher risk (age, compromised health, etc.) for serious illness from COVID-19, it is important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of exposure. If you have recently traveled inside or outside of the United States, please consider avoiding the YMCA. As the environment continues to evolve, expect that Y hours of service may be adjusted for the sake of public health.
In the coming days, we will be working hard to provide you with additional resources to support your active lifestyle. Please be sure to follow us on social media, check our website, and watch your inbox for further details.
Thank you for helping our community stay safe and healthy.
Your Y Community