*Special Summer 2020 Swim Clinic*
Since COVID-19 is drastically impacting the GKAISA summer swim season, the North Side Y is instead offering a summer swim clinic in place of summer swim team.
Summer Clinic Details:
- Dates: June 8th-July 2nd (4 weeks)
- M/W 7am-7:45am
- T/Th 6:30-7:15pm
- M/W 7:45am-8:30am
- T/Th 7:15-8:00pm
- M/W 8:30-9:15am
- T/Th 8:00-8:45pm
- Cost*: $48.00
- *Due to COVID-19 facility usage guidelines, all Y programs are currently for Y members only. All participants must be Y members, so this program does not have a non-member cost. Youth memberships are available for $26/month with no contracts and no join fees. For more information regarding membership, click here.
- Registration: Register online, in person at the Y, or by calling 865-922-9622.
2020 Swim Clinic Dates:
- February 4-March 12 (6 weeks)
- March 24-May 14 (7 weeks)
- June 8th-July 2nd (4 weeks) *special 2020 offering only*
North Side Y hosts three swim clinics each year. This winter, we will be offering both a basic and an advanced swim clinic. Qualified swim team coaches will work with your swimmer on improving strength, speed, and endurance in the water. Coaches teach all four competitive swimming strokes including freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Days and Times:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:00-8:00pm (Advanced)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00-7:00pm (Basic)
- *Participants may choose 1 or 2 day per week options
- Ages: 5-18 (all swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool unassisted)
- Member Cost: $65/day for a 10-week session
- Non-Member Cost: $85/day for a 10-week session
Basic Swim Clinic:
For beginner and intermediate swimmers with less than 2 years experience in competitive swimming. While we divide clinics based on experience and not age, we anticipate most participants in basic swim clinic to be under 13 years old.
Advanced Swim Clinic:
For advanced swimmers with 2 or more years of experience in competitive swimming. While we divide clinics based on experience and not age, we anticipate most participants in advanced swim clinic to be 10 and over.
To register for this or other Y programs, visit our online registration page. You may also register over the phone at 922-9622 or in person at the Member Services desk at any Y location.