The West Side Y hosts three swim clinics each year. Qualified swim team coaches will work with your swimmer on improving strength, speed, and endurance in the water. Coaches teach all four competitive swimming strokes including freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Days and Times:
- Tuesday & Thursday, 7-8pm (Level 6, ages 5-11)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 8-9pm (Levels 7-8, middle school and high school)
*Swimmers may choose either day of the week to participate depending on their schedules
Requirements: all swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool unassisted
Ages: 5-18 years old
- $60/day for Members for a 10-week session| $80/day for non-members for a 10-week session
- $48/day for members for an 8-week session | $64/day for non-members for an 8-week session
2019 Swim Clinic Dates:
- January 6-February 28 (8 weeks)
- March 12-May 9 (8 weeks)
- September 9-November 21 (10 weeks)
Basic Swim Clinic (Level 6, 7-8pm):
This is a developmental group for swimmers ages 5-11. Level 6 is for kids who are eager to continue to improve their stroke technique or want to get ready to be on a swim team in the summer. Swimmers will benefit from our relaxed and supportive environment, have fun, and exercise while making new friends.
Advanced Swim Clinic (Levels 7-8, 8-9pm):
Middle school Prep (for ages 11-14) and High School Prep (for ages 14-18) offers an opportunity for athletes to focus on advanced skills such as: air regulation, body position and propulsion through the water in all four strokes. This group focuses on quality with an introduction of aerobic training.
To register for this or other Y programs, visit our online registration page, call our West Side Y at 690-9622, or visit the member services desk at any Y.
Questions? Email Kristina Foust