Healthy Heart Challenge 2017 for February – Set A Goal
February is American Heart Month, and we’re encouraging all our Y members to join our Healthy Heart Challenge! Cardiovascular disease (including stroke, high blood pressure, and heart disease) is the leading killer in the U.S., both for men and women. Regular exercise, a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy weight are all easy ways to fight heart disease. February is the month to show yourself some love by taking care of your heart and sticking to healthy heart habits at the Y.
This month, join our Healthy Heart Challenge at the Y for only $10, set a heart healthy goal, work toward your goal in February, and when you accomplish your goal, you can pick up your Healthy Heart long sleeve t-shirt!
We want to encourage you to exercise your heart in more ways than one, so set a goal that works for you!
- Come to the Y at least 3 times each week in February
- Try a new class
- Cook and eat a healthy dinner at the table with your family at least once a week in February
- Run a mile in “X” minutes
- Sign up for personal training to get motivation and accountability
- Register for a 5K and start a training plan
- Sign up for swim lessons and learn to swim
The possibilities are endless – there is a goal meant for you, and only you know what that is. So, take our Healthy Heart Challenge this year and run with it. Or, walk with it, it’s up to you!
Know that the Y community is here for you always and we want to help you meet your fitness goals. Thank you for choosing the Y!