The Y is dedicated to the health and safety of our members, staff, and community. We also believe that exercise is a proven immunity-booster and that exercise as a part of a healthy lifestyle is vital to overall health and well-being. Additionally, we understand the mental and emotional dangers of social isolation. The Y aims to help members meet their physical, social, and emotional needs while also implementing doing all we can to offer a safe and healthy environment during these difficult circumstances. Under the guidance of the Governor, County Mayor, City Mayor, Knox County Health Department, and the CDC, guidelines for reopening will be as follows:
Current Membership Guidelines (updated July 3rd, 2020):
- To comply with a recent Knox County ordinance, beginning Friday, July 3rd, all Y members and participants 12 and older must wear a mask at all times while inside the Y. The only exception will be while swimming in a pool.
- Pools will open Tuesday, May 26th, including the new Outdoor Pool at our West Side Y.
- All YMCA facilities, including pools, are currently Members Only. Children ages 3 and older must be active members on your household membership account.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be enforced both in the water and on the pool decks, with the exception of members of the same household. Please ensure your household group is spaced at least 6 feet from neighboring groups.
- West Side Y Outdoor Pool:
- Please bring your own chair.
- Concessions will not be sold at this time.
- Hours Mondays-Saturdays (starting Tuesday, 5/26/20): 10am-8pm
- Sunday Hours (starting Sunday, 5/31/20): 1pm-6pm
- Child Watch will open on Monday, June 8th.
- All toys will be rotated and sanitized regularly.
- Soft toys (plush stuffed animals, dress-up clothes, bean bag chairs, etc.) will be removed.
- Although social distancing is difficult with young children, our staff will work to keep children separated as is reasonable and possible to enforce.
The Following Phase 1 Guidelines Will Continue:
- Closing time of all locations will be 9pm Monday-Friday. Regular facility hours will apply to Saturdays and Sundays.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between members will be implemented
- Steam rooms and saunas (Downtown Y) will remain closed until further notice
- Towel service will not be available (Downtown Y)
- No outside group meetings or rentals will be allowed (birthday parties, community meetings, etc.)
- No pick-up basketball, contact basketball, or other team/contact sports will be allowed; basketball gyms will be open for individual play only
- Group Exercise Classes will be offered but will have limited access on a first-come, first-served basis utilizing social distancing guidelines and maintaining 6 feet between members
- Drinking fountains will not be utilized, but bottle filler stations will be available.
Member Access Guidelines:
- All members will be required to wash hands or utilize hand sanitizer immediately upon entry
- Please limit workout to 45 minutes
- We will utilize the 3-question CDC Health Questionnaire upon entry
- Access will be limited to Y Members only; guest passes will not be available
- Please use touchless scan-in using your phone or keytag scan card to limit contact between members and staff
- Coffee will be available, but please use a new cup for refills
- All staff members will be required to take their temperature prior to starting their shift
- All equipment will be cleaned both before and after each use (treadmills, weights, etc.)
- Additional staff will be scheduled whose sole responsibility is to clean and sanitize equipment, locker rooms, and shared spaces
- AirPHX® systems have been installed in all facilities, which clean and filter the air, killing harmful mold, bacteria, and viruses, including COVID-19
- HVAC filters have been replaced and upgraded in all facilities
- Ionopure sanitizer is being misted in each facility, a non-toxic, pH-balanced air sanitizer
- Quaternary 66, bleach, and other approved disinfectants are used throughout the facility to ensure cleanliness
- Nightly deep-cleaning and sanitizing will continue