Parent’s Day Out, December 13th, Cansler Family Y
Parents, take the afternoon off! Squeeze in some last minute Christmas shopping or just a few hours of quiet time before the start of another busy week. Bring your school-aged kids (5-12 years old) to the Cansler Y for an afternoon of holiday-themed fun! We’ll implement social distancing, require masks and temperature/health checks at drop-off, and keep kids in small groups that will rotate through three fun stations: Christmas cookie decorating, Christmas-themed games (gingerbread hut building, snowball toss, elf fitness training, Santa shoot-out, and an “ice skating” relay race), and classic Christmas movies. All activities have been planned and designed to allow kids to have fun in a group setting, but in a safe and distant way. See below for more details on our safety precautions for this event.
Registration and Details:
- Date & Time: Sunday, December 13th, 2-4:30pm
- Ages: Elementary school-aged children (5-12 years old)
- Cost: $12 for Y Members (child must be an active member on your account); $25 for Friends of the Y (Non-Members)
- Registration: Register online, over the phone at 865-637-9622, or on your next visit to the Y. Spots are limited to allow for social distancing, so register today!
- All staff are temperature checked before working each shift and wear masks at all times
- All children/participants attending Parent’s Day Out will be temperature checked and health checked (by health questionnaire) at drop-off.
- All children/participants will be required to wear a mask at all times and wash hands or use hand sanitizer before moving to a new activity.
- Children will be kept in groups of no more than 15 (smaller group numbers will be used depending on registration).
- Social distancing will be implemented.
- Various facility safety precautions are in place including: AirPhx air purifiers throughout the building, sanitizing backpack sprayers used throughout the facility regularly, increased general cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- All activities have been planned and designed to allow kids to have fun in a group setting, but in a safe and distant way. Example: Christmas cookie decorating will be set up with no more than 2 children at each table, stationed at the ends of tables, with at least 6′ of distance between the ends of the table. Each child will have their own cookies/icing/decorating supplies. All tables, supplies, chairs, etc. will be sanitized before rotating groups to allow a new group of children to participate in Christmas cookie decorating.