What is It?
Move Well Today is a 12 week group fitness intervention designed to help you manage your diabetes and track changes in your HbA1c levels and fitness parameters. An individualized exercise prescription will be established for your resistance training and cardio exercise stations. Each circuit class will include: a warm-up, 3 cardio conditioning stations, group core conditioning, flexibility training, and cool-down. A certified instructor will provide group instruction, supervision, and motivation.
To enroll in the diabetes exercise program, you will need:
- A note from your physician releasing you to exercise
- A copy of your HbA1c results taken within 3 months prior to the start of this program
Diabetes exercise program features:
- Use of YMCA facilities in Knoxville ($153 value)
- 12 weeks of Personal Training ($1,080 value)
- Free pre and post Hba1c testing ($100 value)
- Group Support ($Priceless!)
*Cost: $50 for Y Members / $100 for Non Y Members
* Payment may be made in full or in 4 installments
For more information about the diabetes exercise class, please contact Chris Canges at [email protected] or call 865-522-9622.