Ballroom dance classes are now available at the West Side Y! Ballroom Basics 1 & Ballroom Basics 2 will cover the six major ballroom dances:
Each 9-week session will include:
- 3 weeks of Rumba & Cha-Cha
- 3 weeks of Swing & Foxtrot
- 3 weeks of Tango and Waltz
Details & Registration:
- Fridays from 6-7pm at the West Side Y
- Price per 9-week session
- Y Members: $90/single or $135/couple
- Non-Members: $105/single or $160/couple
- Register by contacting instructor Jeremiah King at 865-803-5153 or [email protected]
- No dance experience or partner required
- Join the Y for this and other great member discounts today!
- Ballroom Basics 1: In Ballroom Basics 1, the class will learn the fundamentals of social dancing, ballroom dance etiquette, and several figures in each of these dances. Each third week will primarily be a chance to review and practice the moves you have learned in the prior two lessons.
- Ballroom Basics 2: In Ballroom Basics 2, the class will learn more figures in each of the 6 dances and continue to improve technique with every third week including a mini-recital.