2020 Kinder Hoops Dates
- November 11th, 2019 – January 4th, 2020 – Registration Closed
- January 4th, 2020: Skills Assessment, 9am-12pm
- January 11th-February 29th, 2020: Kinder Hoops Season
Kinder Hoops Youth Basketball:
Kinder Hoops youth basketball is an 8-week program for 4, 5, and 6 year-old girls and boys. Y staff, along with volunteer parents and coaches, will introduce your child to youth basketball skills while allowing them to play real 4-on-4 basketball games. Kinder Hoops will meet Saturday mornings January-March.
Each week, your child’s team will meet for a 25-minute practice to develop dribbling, passing, shooting, and other basic basketball skills. At the end of team practice, kids participate in a 4-on-4 game against an opposing team. This one-day-a-week format combining practice and games is more convenient for busy families!
- Skills Assessment, 9am-12pm (Drop-In): Y staff will evaluate players to evenly distribute kids by age, height, and skill level. This day is a fun, informal way for our league to be divided fairly. Kids (and parents) should not be nervous! Kinder Hoops is designed as an introduction to youth basketball and is perfect for beginners, so no previous experience or skills are necessary. The skills assessment is drop-in, drop-out from 9am to 12pm, and players and parents should anticipate the assessment taking no longer than 20 minutes.
- January-February: Weekly practices and games held on Saturday mornings, 9am-12pm depending on number of teams
- Cost: $50 for Y Members and $70 for Program Participants
- Registration Includes: Individual youth basketball for each player to keep, Kinder Hoops t-shirt jersey, and end-of-season award
- Register: In-person at the West Side Y, online, or through our mobile app.