2019 is a BIG year for the West Side Y! We’re completing Phase 1 of our construction with a ribbon cutting and Open House on January 1st. And as always, we’re committed to making the West Side Y a home away from home for everyone in your family, dedicated to helping you start and sustain healthy habits. Here’s what’s on the horizon:
- New Child Watch
- New Spin Studio
- New Hardwood Floors in Basketball Gym
- New Personal Training Studio
- 14 new Spin Bikes with Coach by Color technology
- 5 new Treadmills
- 5 new Ascent Ellipticals
- 2 new Upright Bikes
- 1 new Hybrid Upright Bike
New Classes & Class Times
- Hip Hop Dance (Mondays at 8:30am)
- It’s a new way to get exercise and lose weight! This class will teach you hip hop dance moves. You get a great workout while you learn new steps. This is a high-energy class and cardio workout.
- Barre Basics (Fridays at 10:45am)
- Barre Basics brings ballet conditioning, pilates, yoga, and aerobics together in a moderate level class designed to lengthen, strengthen, and tone the entire body.
- Kick Start Fitness (Tuesdays at 10:45am; Wednesdays at 6pm)
- Kick Start is an intro level class that demystifies fitness by introducing a variety of workout methods and styles to build confidence and comfort for participants new to exercise or returning to a healthy lifestyle.
- Youth Agility & Drills (Mondays at 6pm)
- A fun skills class to help improve coordination, speed, power, and reflexes for ages 8+. This class will help improve joint stability, increase strength, promote efficient movement patterns, and support athletic performance.
- Aqua Fit for Kids (Wednesdays at 6pm)
- A Y instructor will lead kids 7-12 years old through water games and activities like splashball (water polo), basketball, relay races, and more. Free with Y membership with no registration required! Red necklaces will wear life jackets.
- MORE classes on the schedule every day!