Easter Egg Dive 2018
Our 2018 Easter Egg Dive at the West Side Y will be on Sunday, March 25th from 2:30-4:30pm. It’s an Easter egg hunt like you’ve never seen before! We’ll fill our indoor pool with plastic eggs – some will float, some will sink – and your kids will get to swim and dive to collect them! We’ll even have an Easter-themed craft, pictures and visits with the Easter Bunny, and bounce house in our gym for fun before or after our egg dive!
This year, we’ll offer a “wave” format for our egg dive. We will combine all ages, so that if you have kids of different ages or swim abilities, they will still get to dive at the same time. We’ll do 3 “waves,” with 1 new dive every 45 minutes. To give all families a chance to participate, please only let your children dive in 1 of the 3 time slots. Safety is always our top priority, so we’ll still ask that all children wear color-coded swim necklaces, with green necklaces in deep water, yellow in shallow water, and red with a parent/guardian accompanying them in shallow water. After each wave, your kids are welcome to stay in the pool and free swim UNTIL the next wave starts.
This event is FREE for our Y members and $6/person or $20/family for Y guests.
Easter Egg Dive 2018 Schedule:
- 2:30pm – Wave 1
- 3:15pm – Wave 2
- 4:00pm – Wave 3
- 2:30-5:00pm – Easter Crafts, Easter Bunny, and Bounce House in our Gym
Please be aware that after each wave, we will clear the pool to ensure plenty of room for the next group.
Easter Egg Dive 2018 Special Notes:
- Don’t forget a towel!
- As always, all red necklace non-swimmers will need to be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Our pools are always guarded, but we will have extra lifeguards on duty so you’ll know your kids are safe.
- Our Egg Dive is for toddlers (with a parent in the water) through elementary-age kids, so 2-12 years old. Easter fun in the gym is for any age!
- Bring a basket or something to collect your eggs in!
MORE FUN at the Y on March 25th!
We’ll also be hosting an Open House this day, so invite a friend for the fun, and if they join the Y, we’ll waive their join fee! We’ll offer facility tours and program information about all our family fun events.