Wacky and Wonderful
Summer Day Camp Basics:
- Ages: For children 5 to 12 years old (they are welcome to participate as soon as they turn 5 until they turn 13)
- Dates & Times: May 28th-July 26*, 7am-6pm (*locations end the week of July 19th)
- 5 Locations:
- Beaumont Elementary (East Knox) *
- Halls Elementary (North Knox)
- Hardin Valley Elementary (West Knox) *
- Rocky Hill Elementary (West Knox) *
- Cedar Bluff Elementary (West Knox)
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $116 per week/$95 per week members
- Part time (3 or less days) = $90 per week/$78 per week members
- Registration fee = $50 per child
- Register for our waiting list now!
Summer Day Camp Overview
- Every week of YMCA Summer Day Camp includes a field trip, inventions, hands-on play, arts and crafts, swimming, water games, and other sports and recreational activities.
- We aim to help prevent summer learning loss, so activities will incorporate STEM, literacy, and other academic components with a focus on learning through play.
- Y camps operate on a child choice system. Your child will be given options throughout the day to participate in the activities that interest her or him the most.
- Healthy snacks are provided each day.
- Our staff is fun, responsible, and caring, chosen for their experience with and love of children. Ratios are kept low to provide more individual attention. At least one staff member on site at all times is certified in CPR and First Aid, and all attend on-going training and professional development.
- The Y Child Care Services Programs are open to all children regardless of race, color, sex, handicap, religion or national origin. The Y never denies anyone participation in a program due to financial restrictions.
- For more detailed information, visit our Parent Info page.
- Like what you see? Register for our waiting list now!
Weekly Themes & Field Trips
Weekly themes help expose our camp kids to new ideas and topics they may never have explored. Guest speakers and planned activities like music and dance, arts and crafts, character development, games, cooking, sports, and more will relate to our theme each week.
- May 28 – May 31
- June 3 – June 7
- June 10 – June 14
- June 17 – June 21
- June 24 – June 28
- July 1 – July 5
- July 8 – July 12
- July 15 – July 19
- July 22 – July 26
*all field trips are subject to change
YMCA Resident Camp Information
If you are interested in learning more about Y resident camps in our East Tennessee area, please check out Camp Ocoee in nearby Ocoee, Tennessee.