Summer Day Camp Overview
Every week of YMCA Summer Day Camp includes a field trip, swimming, arts and crafts, sports, and more. We aim to help prevent summer learning loss, so activities will incorporate STEM, literacy, and other academic components with a focus on learning through play. Weekly themes help expose children to new ideas and topics with field trips, guest speakers, cooking, crafts, games, and activities related to the theme. Y camps operate on a child choice system. Your child will be given options throughout the day to participate in the activities that interest her or him the most. Healthy snacks are provided, but parents will need to provide a lunch for your child each day. Y staff is fun, responsible, caring, and chosen for their experience with and love of children. Ratios are kept low to provide more individual attention. At least one staff member on site at all times is certified in CPR and First Aid, and all attend on-going trainings and professional development events.
Registration for our wait list opens January 1st.
Summer Day Camp Basics:
- Ages: For children age 5 (must be 5 by December 31, 2020) and have completed 1 full year of a full time Pre-K program up to rising 6th graders who are 12 or under. *Halls accepts rising 6th graders entering 7th grade who have attended Y programs in the past.
- Dates & Times: June 1 – July 23, 2021*, Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm. *All dates are tentative dependent upon Knox County Schools calendar adjustments and COVID-19.
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $116 per week / $95 per week for Y Members
- Part time (3 or less days) = $90 per week / $78 per week for Y Members
- Registration Fee = $50 per child
- Scholarships are available to families who qualify.
- Register for our wait list beginning January 1, 2020!