Wacky and Wonderful
Summer Day Camp Basics:
- Ages: For children 5 to 12 years old (they are welcome to participate as soon as they turn 5 until they turn 13)
- Dates & Times: May 29th-August 3rd*, 7am-6pm (*some locations end the week of July 20th)
- 5 Locations:
- Beaumont Elementary (East Knox)
- Halls Elementary (North Knox)
- Hardin Valley Elementary (West Knox)
- West Side Family Y (West Knox)
- Cedar Bluff Elementary (West Knox)
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $115 per week/$95 per week members
- Part time (3 or less days) = $88 per week/$78 per week members
- Registration fee = $50 per child
- Register for our waiting list now!
Summer Day Camp Overview
- Every week of YMCA Summer Day Camp includes a field trip, inventions, hands-on play, arts and crafts, swimming, water games, and other sports and recreational activities.
- We aim to help prevent summer learning loss, so activities will incorporate STEM, literacy, and other academic components with a focus on learning through play.
- Y camps operate on a child choice system. Your child will be given options throughout the day to participate in the activities that interest her or him the most.
- Healthy snacks are provided each day.
- Our staff is fun, responsible, and caring, chosen for their experience with and love of children. Ratios are kept low to provide more individual attention. At least one staff member on site at all times is certified in CPR and First Aid, and all attend on-going training and professional development.
- The Y Child Care Services Programs are open to all children regardless of race, color, sex, handicap, religion or national origin. The Y never denies anyone participation in a program due to financial restrictions.
- For more detailed information, visit our Parent Info page.
- Like what you see? Register for our waiting list now!
Weekly Themes & Field Trips
Weekly themes help expose our camp kids to new ideas and topics they may never have explored. Guest speakers and planned activities like music and dance, arts and crafts, character development, games, cooking, sports, and more will relate to our theme each week.
- May 29 – June 1 , “Mad Science” – Hands-On Science Learning – On-Site Activities
- June 4 – June 8, “Welcome to the Jungle” – Study of our Ecosystem – Zoo Knoxville
- June 11 – June 15, “Inventor’s Workshop” – Make an Invention – Putt Putt
- June 18 – June 22, “Full Steam Ahead” – What is Engineering – Three Rivers Rambler
- June 25 – June 29, “Animal Planet” – Museum of Appalachia
- July 2 – July 6, “Lost at Sea” – Survival Skills – Lost Sea
- July 9 – July 13, “Wacky World of Sports” – Sports for Everyone – Strike and Spare Bowling
- July 16 – July 20, “Out of this World” – Into Space – Jump Jam
- July 23 – July 27, “Rock n Roll” – Music – Roller Skating
- July 30 – August 3, “Imagination Station” – STEAM – Pump It Up
*all field trips are subject to change
YMCA Resident Camp Information
If you are interested in learning more about Y resident camps in our East Tennessee area, please check out Camp Ocoee in nearby Ocoee, Tennessee.