Believe in You…Dream Big!
2020 Summer Day Camp COVID-19 Update:
Hello! We hope you and your family are doing well and safe during this time uncertainty. We wanted to update you with all the information we have as of today in light of the announcement this morning by the Knox County government on the planned phase of reopening Knoxville. Phase 1 consists of Daycare and does not include our summer camps which will be in a later phase yet to be announced.
Please know we are working with our local government, Knox County Schools, Health Department, DHS and the Y Leadership to get answers to the following:
- when we can open our summer program,
- where we can hold our summer program,
- how many children can we have in our summer program, and
- what does our summer program look like in regards to programming and social distancing.
Please keep checking back here for updates. We will update here as information comes in. Thank you!
2020 Summer Day Camp Basics:
- Ages: For children age 5 (must be 5 by December 31, 2019) and have completed 1 full year of a full time Pre-K program up to rising 6th graders who are 12 or under. *Halls accepts rising 6th graders entering 7th grade who have attended Y programs in the past.
- Dates & Times: ALL camps this summer will run May 26th – July 24, 7am – 6pm
- 5 Locations:
- Beaumont Elementary (East Knox)
- Halls Elementary (North Knox)
- Hardin Valley Elementary (West Knox)
- AL Lots Elementary (West Knox)
- Cedar Bluff Elementary (West Knox)
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $116 per week / $95 per week members
- Part time (3 or less days) = $90 per week / $78 per week members
- Registration fee = $50 per child
- Register for our wait list beginning January 1, 2020!
Summer Day Camp Overview
- Every week of YMCA Summer Day Camp includes a field trip, inventions, hands-on play, arts and crafts, swimming, water games, and other sports and recreational activities.
- We aim to help prevent summer learning loss, so activities will incorporate STEM, literacy, and other academic components with a focus on learning through play.
- Y camps operate on a child choice system. Your child will be given options throughout the day to participate in the activities that interest her or him the most.
- Healthy snacks are provided each day.
- Our staff is fun, responsible, and caring, chosen for their experience with and love of children. Ratios are kept low to provide more individual attention. At least one staff member on site at all times is certified in CPR and First Aid, and all attend on-going training and professional development.
- The Y Child Care Services Programs are open to all children regardless of race, color, sex, handicap, religion or national origin. The Y never denies anyone participation in a program due to financial restrictions.
- For more detailed information, visit our Parent Info page.
- Like what you see? Register for our wait list now!
Weekly Themes & Field Trips
Weekly themes help expose our camp kids to new ideas and topics they may never have explored. Guest speakers and planned activities like music and dance, arts and crafts, character development, games, cooking, sports, and more will relate to our theme each week.
- May 26 – May 29……….No field trip / “I can be a …”
- June 1 – June 5………..Zoo / “I can be an Animal Trainer”
- June 8 – June 12……..Lumber Jack Feud / “I can be a Park Ranger”
- June 15 – June 19……..TN Rambler / “I can be an Engineer”
- June 22 – June 26…….World’s Fair Park Fountains / “I can be a World Traveler”
- June 29 – July 3 ………….The Lost Sea / “I can be a Spelunker”
- July 6 – July 10…………Biz Town / “I can be an Entrepreneur”
- July 13 – July 17………..Indoor Snow Tubing / “I can be a Weatherperson”
- July 20 – July 24……….World’s Fair Park Fountains / “I can be a Magician”
*all field trips are subject to change
YMCA Resident Camp Information
If you are interested in learning more about Y resident camps in our East Tennessee area, please check out Camp Ocoee in nearby Ocoee, Tennessee.