PowerUp Fitness for Kids
The Y offers PowerUp Fitness for kids, a group exercise program just for kids 6-12 years old, at our YMCA of East Tennessee locations!
PowerUp Fitness for kids is designed to provide children with the opportunity to become more active, physically and mentally fit, while building the framework for development into healthy youth and active adults. These PowerUp classes have the potential to improve self-esteem, reduce childhood obesity, and shape positive attitudes by making fitness fun! Through implementing PowerUp, the Y is working to make a change toward a healthier, more active generation now and for the future.
A Typical Class
Each PowerUp Fitness class includes a warm-up, muscle endurance, strength exercises, and PowerUp play activities to make kids’ fitness fun! It’s just like a group exercise class – but for your kids! Here’s what a typical class might look like:
- Warm-up: Obstacle Course with Hip-Hops, Burpees, and Jumping Jacks
- Endurance: Crab Walk, Bear Crawls, Jumping Jacks, and Step-Ups
- Strength (completed as a circuit):
- Upper Body: Push-ups, Lateral Raises, and Bicep Curls
- Lower Body: Wall Sits, Lunges, Squats, and Band Walks
- Core: Crunches
- PowerUp Play: Exercise Shipwreck – work with your team to keep the “ship” afloat!
Find PowerUp Classes at My Y
Just like any group exercise class, PowerUp Fitness is free for Y members. Non-member participants may purchase a guest pass at the front desk for $8 per person to join the fun. Find a class at your Y: