The YMCA of East Tennessee is offering a group trip to Sunny Portugal in November of 2023, with an optional 5-Day, 3-Night Porto Pre-Tour Extension and/or optional 5-day, 4-Night Madeira Island Post-Tour Extension! View full itinerary and details here.
Begin your journey in Athens, meeting your fellow travelers as you indulge in local cuisine and wine with traditional Greek entertainment. Join a local expert for a tour of the Temple of Zeus, the Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Olympic Stadium, the Acropolis, and the Parthenon. On day 4, board a sleek high-speed boat to Mykonos, an island paradise in the crystal-clear Aegean Sea, and explore Chora, Mykonos’s Old Town. You’ll find sandy beaches, seaside cafes, street musicians, and a never-ending nightlife scene among the whitewashed buildings. You have the option for an excursion to Ano Mera for a local cheese tasting. Day 6 gives the option for an excursion to Delos, the fabled birthplace of the Greek Gods Apollo and Artemis. By day 7, head to Santorini, where blue-domed rooftops and gentle ocean waves complement the bright white buildings and rocky hillsides. Uncover the past at Akrotiri, an ancient city buried and preserved in volcanic ash, commonly referred to as the “Minoan Pompeii.” Visit a local winery to take in the views. An optional Island Hopping and Sunset Cruise excursion is available on evening 9. On Day 10, depart the islands and fly back to Athens for your final night in Greece, complete with a farewell dinner.
- Dates: October 19-29, 2023
- Included: 11 Days, 13 Meals (9 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners)
- Itinerary Overview: Athens, Taverna Dinner Show, Acropolis, The Parthenon, Mykonos Old Town, Santorini Island, Oia Village, Ancient Akrotiri, Wine Tasting
- Optional Excursions:
- Santorini Island Hopping & Sunset Cruise: Set sail for the tiny islet of Nea Kameni, an uninhabited island formed on an active volcano. Make your way up the active volcano with a guide, pausing at the top of the crater. Next, Palea Kameni and jump into the water to swim to the island’s rejuvenating hot springs or relax on the boat. Continue on to Thirassia for a traditional Greek buffet onboard. After dinner, make a stop close to Oia as the sun sets.
- Flavors of Mykonos: Immerse yourself in the flavors of the Cycladic Islands during a tour of Mykonos’ culinary gems. Begin the morning at a local farm where you learn about the traditions and history of cheese making. Sample Xinotiro, Kopanisti, Vrasto cheeses and freshly-made yogurt, all produced at the farm. Later, explore more flavors of the island at a local bakery before visiting Ano Mera, a traditional rural village with picturesque whitewashed chapels and iconic blue trimmings.
- Ancient Delos, Apollo’s Sacred Island: Take a step into the past with a half-day excursion to the island of Delos, the fabled birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. After a quick 30-minute boat ride, allow your guide to introduce you to this sprawling UNESCO site. See how the Greek myths intertwine with prehistoric ruins, passing through narrow streets from the Hellenistic age. Tour the awe-inspiring House of Dionysus, a relic from the 4th-century BC containing ancient mosaics and preserved columns. Peruse the Temple of Apollo, the Sacred Lake, and the guardian Naxian Lions with your guide before enjoying time to explore independently. Take in views of the Sacred Island of Delos as you ferry back to Mykonos.
- Double: $4,499/pp
- Single: $5,199/pp
- Triple: $4,449/pp
- Trip Fee Includes: Round Trip Air from McGhee Tyson Airport, Inter-flights from Santorini Thira Is., Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges, Hotel Transfers, Not Included: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $449/person
- Optional Extensions:
- 4 Days, 3-Night Istanbul Post Tour Extension, $999 per person, double, lande & air inclusive
- For more detailed information, full itinerary, and more, click here.