After School Child Care
Students in kindergarten through fifth grade are invited to join YMCA After School Child Care, a licensed child care program that takes place in 17 local schools in the Knox County Schools system, Monday-Friday from 2:30-6:00pm. Children will participate in arts and crafts, STEM activities, games and sports, homework help, healthy snack time, and more, all supervised by responsible, caring Y staff team members. The Y maintains low ratios to ensure all children receive individualized attention within their small groups. At least one on-site staff member is certified in CPR and First Aid and all attend on-going training in relevant childcare topics such as trauma-informed care, social-emotional learning, and more.
After School Child Care Basics:
- Ages: Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Days & Times: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm-6pm, dates in line with the Knox County Schools calendar.
- Tuition & Fees
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $65 per week participants / $51 per week Y members
- Part time (3 or fewer days) = $42 per week participants / $36 per week Y members
- Rates subject to change.
- Enrollment Fee = $50 per child
- DHS certificate funding is accepted. Scholarships are available to families who qualify.
- Questions regarding After School Child Care? Email Tonya at [email protected]
Locations & Times
You can scroll left to right on mobile devices
|A.L. Lotts Elementary||865-973-1005|
|Ball Camp Elementary||865-789-0769|
|Beaumont Magnet School||865-973-1210|
|Blue Grass Elementary||865-560-6617|
|Cedar Bluff Elementary||865-438-6173|
|Green Magnet School||865-973-1130|
|Hardin Valley Elementary||865-560-6619|
|Pleasant Ridge Elementary||865-237-1154|
|Rocky Hill Elementary||865-973-1002|
|Sarah Moore Green Elementary||865-560-6632|
|Spring Hill Elementary||865-237-1477|
|West Hills Elementary||865-973-1009|
The YMCA is giving public notice of our intent to apply for the Leaps and/or 21st Century Grant for 2023-2024. These are State and/or Federal funds to provide academic support and enrichment programs to schools we serve that meet the at-risk qualifying factors of the grant. Parties interested in partnering to assist in meeting academic and social-emotional goals within this program model may contact Lori Humphreys, VP of Child Care Services at [email protected] or (865) 522-9622.