Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp Overview
Every week of YMCA Summer Day Camp includes a field trip, swimming, arts and crafts, sports, and more. We aim to help prevent summer learning loss, so activities will incorporate STEM, literacy, and other academic components with a focus on learning through play. Weekly themes help expose children to new ideas and topics with field trips, guest speakers, cooking, crafts, games, and activities related to the theme. Y camps operate on a child choice system. Your child will be given options throughout the day to participate in the activities that interest her or him the most. Healthy snacks are provided, but parents will need to provide a lunch for your child each day. Y staff is fun, responsible, caring, and chosen for their experience with and love of children. Ratios are kept low to provide more individual attention. At least one staff member on site at all times is certified in CPR and First Aid, and all attend on-going trainings and professional development events.
Summer Day Camp Basics:
- Ages: Must have completed kindergarten up to rising 6th graders who are 12 and under.
- Dates & Times: May 30th – July 21st
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $116 per week / $95 per week for Y Members
- Part time (3 or less days) = $90 per week / $78 per week for Y Members
- Rates are subject to change.
- Enrollment Fee = $50 per child
- Due to the limited number of spots available, priority will be given to families needing full time care for all weeks camp is offered.
- Questions regarding Summer Day Camp? Email Tonya at [email protected]
Full Day Summer Camp Locations (7am to
- AL Lotts Elementary (West Knoxville)
- Ball Camp Elementary (West Knoxville)
- Beaumont Elementary (Downtown Knoxville)
- Cedar Bluff (West Knoxville): this site is only for families attending Knox Co. Schools Summer Learning program at Cedar Bluff; 4 weeks of care only
- Halls Elementary (North Knoxville)
- West Town Christian Center (West Knoxville)
- Locations are subject to change.