American Red Cross Lifeguard Training courses are offered at The Y. Take your certification anywhere in the USA or apply for a job within you own local Y! Your lifeguard certification is valid for 2 years, and you must re-certify before your certification expires or you will be required to retake the full class. We offer multiple recertification classes throughout the year.
Cost: $175/participant ($25 Non-Refundable Fee for Required Prerequisite Testing + $150 Lifeguard Course Fee)
$80/participant for recertification classes (Non-Refundable)
- 15 years of age on or before the final day of the course
- 300 Yard swim using the Front Crawl and Breast Stroke with Rhythmic Breathing
- 10 lb brick retrieval from deep water in less than 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Tread water for 2 minutes without arm support
- Recertification class participants will be required to complete a pre-requisite swim test. For recertification, your certification cannot be expired for more than 30 days.
2020 Lifeguard Training Class Dates & Location
Register for Lifeguarding
To register for a lifeguarding class, find and register for the pre-test for your desired class. After successful completion of the in-water pre-test, you will then be able to register for the full class. Registration may be completed online, over the phone, or at the member services counter at your Y.
- Cansler Y: 865-637-9622
- West Side Y: 865-690-9622
- North Side Y: 865-922-9622
- Davis Y: 865-777-9622