The YMCA of East Tennessee is proud to have two GKAISA swim teams, the North Side Y Marlins and the West Side Y Marlins. From beginners to advanced high school swimmers, everyone is welcome to participate in a summer of fun on a Y swim team. Registration begins early April. Choose your location below for more information:
North Side Y
2021 North Side Marlins Swim Team Information:
The North Side Y has a summer swim team that participates in the GKAISA (Greater Knoxville Area Interclub Swimming Association) league.
AGES: For ages 5-18. As long as your child can swim a length of the pool unassisted, we will teach them the rest! Be a part of summer fun, a lifelong skill, and a winning tradition.
REGISTRATION: Sign up day and meet the coaches 2-5pm on 4-18-21. You can sign up anytime in house after 4-18-2021.
PRACTICE TIMES: Weather permitting, each group will be offered a practice every weekday. Practices will run from May 24th – July 31st.
Schedule will be as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (Beginner) 7-8pm (Advanced) 8-9pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Beginner) 8-9am (Advanced) 7-8am
Please keep in mind these are practice times offered, you do not have to come to them all.
If you have questions regarding the GKAISA summer swim season, please email our Aquatics Coordinator, Julie Walker at [email protected] for more information.
West Side Y
West Side Marlins Swim Team
2021 Swim Team Information:
The West Side Y has a summer swim team that participates in the GKAISA (Greater Knoxville Area Interclub Swimming Association) league.
AGES: For ages 7-18. As long as your child can swim a length of the pool unassisted in less than sixty seconds, we will teach them the rest! Be a part of summer fun, a lifelong skill, and a winning tradition.
REGISTRATION: Sign up starting 4-18-21 online and in house at any YMCA of East Tennessee location. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
COST: Price is for the whole season and a t-shirt, swim cap, and awards (cap and shirt to be ordered and may not arrive until July).
- YMCA Member: $150
- Program Participant (Non-Member): $225
PRACTICE TIMES: Swim practices will run from June 1st through July 31st. We will also have two dryland only practices on May 27th and May 28th. There will be no practice on Monday July 5th, in observance of the 4th of July holiday.
Practice Schedule will be as follows: Please keep in mind these are all practice times offered; you do not have to come to them all.
- May 27th and May 28th:
- 6:00-7:00pm 10 and Under; 7:00-8:00pm 11 and Up
- June 1st through July 31st:
- Monday AM – 8:30-9:30am Seniors 15-18, 9:30-10:30am 11-14
- Monday PM – 7:00-8:00pm 10 and Under, 8:00-9:00pm 11-14
- Tuesday AM – 8:30-9:30am Seniors 15-18, 9:30-10:30am 10 and Under
- Wednesday AM – 8:30-9:30am 11-14, 9:30-10:30am 10 and Under
- Thursday AM – 8:30-9:30am Seniors 15-18, 9:30-10:30am 10 and Under;
- Thursday PM – 7:00-7:45pm 11-14, 7:45-9:00pm Seniors 15-18
- Friday AM – 8:30-9:30am Seniors 15-18, 9:30-10:30am 11-14
- Thursday, June 10th: HOME vs. Lenoir City; warm-ups at 5pm, meet start at 6pm
- Tuesday, June 15th: AWAY vs. Maryville Alcoa; warm-ups at 5:30pm, meet start at 6pm
- Thursday, June 24th: HOME vs. Cherokee Country Club; warm-ups at 5pm, meet start at 6pm
- Tuesday, June 29th: HOME vs. University Swim Club; warm-ups at 5pm, meet start at 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday, July 17th and 18th: Smoky Mountain Invitational at Alcoa; times TBD
- Thursday, July 15th: HOME vs. Rockwood; warm-ups at 5pm, meet start at 6pm
- Friday and Saturday, July 30th and 31st: City Championships at UT; times TBD
Head Coach: Mallary Meyer
Association Head Coach: Mike Jugan
Team Suit: Our team suit is a Speedo suit called the “Wave Wall”. They’re black and white with our Marlins logo in purple. We’d love to have everyone in the Marlins team suit, but it is not mandatory. Thanks to Tennessee Aquatics’ partnership with Speedo, we’re able to get these personalized Marlins suits well below MSRP. The team suit will cost $43 for girls and either $30 (brief) or $33 (jammer) for boys. Be sure to pick yours up at Swim and Tri. Located on Kingston Pike in Bearden, Swim and Tri is an awesome swim shop where you can gear up for the season. To get the discounted team rate, you will need to go there and let them know you are a Marlin! We’ll also have a fitting week at Swim and Tri the week of May 2nd. Make sure to grab your team suit and equipment bundle while Swim and Tri has special WSY sales and promotions the whole week.
Equipment: Swim and Tri is offering a Marlins equipment bundle that includes a kickboard, paddles, and a pull buoy. This equipment is not required but is recommended as we will incorporate it into our daily workout regimen. Additionally, all athletes will need goggles and should bring water bottles to practice.
QUESTIONS?: Email Mallary Meyer at [email protected], or Kristina Foust at [email protected], or call the Y at (865) 690-9622.