A SmartStart appointment is a great fit for anyone, both new members and long-time members of the Y. Best of all, it’s free as a benefit of your membership.
SmartStart is a beginner’s plan for fitness, based on exercise science to provide you with a simple approach to ensure that your first steps on your journey lead to lasting results.
- Choose Wisely: Let our staff help you design a workout schedule that fits your health and well-being goals.
- Start Slow: Don’t push your body too soon. When trying a new group exercise class, feel free to only take the first 30 minutes.
- Build Gradually: Work toward staying for the full workout as your fitness level builds. Then, stay a little longer the next time you attend. Work up to completing the full schedule.
- Mix It Up: Include a mixture of Strength Training, Cardio, and Flexibility Training.
- Don’t Wait: Make your SmartStart appointment with our fitness staff today to set up a workout plan right for you and your goals.
Included in your SmartStart Appointment:
- Learn to use the equipment on our wellness floor.
- Find group exercise classes that you might enjoy.
- Learn about Y programs that will encourage your healthy living journey.
- For members interested in adding resistance training to their workouts, set up personalized workouts with ActivTrax.
- Establish your strength baseline and starting point.
- Create an ActivTrax profile.
- Print and walk through your first custom ActivTrax workout.
- Set a goal and develop a plan to help you reach your goal.
Schedule a SmartStart Appointment:
To schedule a SmartStart appointment, stop by the front desk at your Y, or call the Y to set up your appointment over the phone. SmartStart appointments may take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on how much guidance you seek.
- Downtown Y: 865-522-9622
- Cansler Y: 865-637-9622
- West Side Y: 865-690-9622
- North Side Y: 865-922-9622
- Davis Y: 865-777-9622