The YMCA of East Tennessee is offering a group trip to Tropical Costa Rica in February 2023, with an optional 3-night Jungle Adventure post-tour extension.
Start in the colorful capital city of San Jose before heading for a 2-day stay at a resort in Guanacaste in the Central Valley. Tour a local coffee plantation, relax by the pool, or visit the beach town of Samara. By Day 4, you’ll head to the secluded Monteverde Cloud Forest to see giant 100-foot trees and many species of flora and fauna. Explore butterfly gardens, walk across the hanging bridges in the canopy, or try a zip line tour through the rain forest. On Day 6, you’ll enjoy a delightful cruise on Lake Arenal and check-in for a 2-night stay at a lodge overlooking the majestic Arenal Volcano. Taste your way through a cooking demonstration featuring local ingredients. Next, you’ll embark on a riverboat trip in a covered canoe and search for caimans, river otters, sloths, monkeys, and more. Day 8 features the charming town of Zarcero and its topiary garden before you continue back to San Jose and the bustling Plaza de Cultura.
- Dates: February 18-26, 2023
- Included: 9 Days, 14 Meals (8 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners)
- Itinerary Overview: San Jose, Coffee Plantation, Guanacaste, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Arenal Volcano, Lake Arenal Cruise, Cano Negro Refuge, Zarcero. For a full intinerary, click here.
- Optional Excursions:
- Monteverde: Cloud Forest Zip Line Canopy Adventure Tour
- Arenal: Devas Spa Treatment at the Mountain Paradise Hotel
- Monteverde Cloud Forest: Monteverde Hanging Bridges
- Guanacaste: Mangrove Kayaking on the Ora River
- Guanacaste: Dolphin Watching & Snorkel Experience
- Double: $2548/pp
- Single: $3048/pp
- Triple: $2518/pp
- Trip Fee Includes: Round Trip Air from McGhee Tyson Airport, Air Taxes and Fees/Surchargers, Hotel Transfers, Accommodations. Not Included: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $399/person
- Optional Extensions: 4 Days, 3 Night Jungle Adventure Post Tour in Tortuguero National Park
For more detailed information, full itinerary, and more, click here.