The North Knox Sprint Tri is a Personal Best Racing event hosted on Sunday, April 16th at our Tennova Family YMCA in Powell.
First up in the Grand Shizzle Pool Sprint Series is The North Knox Sprint Triathlon at a NEW (former) location! The North Knox returns to its roots at the new Tennova Family YMCA!
The swim will be in their beautiful indoor swimming pool with a very nice run along the scenic backdrop of North Halls! The bike ride will take you through some equally delightful scenery with a few feet in elevation gain! Distances = Swim 150 yards, Bike 9.5 miles, Run 5K. A great way to start the pool sprint season! Packet pickup will be Race Site 6 am till 7:15 am. Event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. All USAT rules apply and an annual or one-day USAT license is required.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 6:00 am – Transition Opens
- 6:00 am – Packet Pickup Opens/Race Day Registration available on your mobile device as well as on-site
- 7:15 am – Pre-Race Meeting at Pool
- 7:30 am – Race Begins with fastest seeded swimmers in the pool through the end of the line (self-seeded)
- 9:15 am – Awards Ceremony and after-party
Age Groups and Awards: Overall awards for the top three male and female finishers & top three male and female masters. Age group awards for first, second, and third place in the following M & F age groups: 12-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45- 49, 50-55, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over & top 3 Clydesdale & Athena. Open Relay Division: Male, Female, and Co-ed.
Personal Best Racing LLC has a no refund policy. There will be a fee for transfers; if needed please contact the race director.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy: If Natural Disaster or Community Disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
1. Personal Best Racing in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first. 2. Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Personal Best Management and local officials 3. Financial: It is not financially feasible for Personal Best Racing to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event. 4.Personal Best Racing does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.
Event Shirts: Event shirts are NOT guaranteed to participants registering within 2 weeks of each event. Please register prior to 2 weeks prior to guarantee your race shirt.
Questions: If you have any questions about this race, please contact the race director at [email protected].
Register: Learn more and register online.