Students in kindergarten through fifth grade are invited to join YMCA After School Child Care, a licensed child care program that takes place in 17 local schools in the Knox County Schools system, Monday-Friday from 2:30-6:00pm. Children will participate in arts and crafts, STEM activities, games and sports, homework help, healthy snack time, and more, all supervised by responsible, caring Y staff team members. The Y maintains low ratios to ensure all children receive individualized attention within their small groups. At least one on-site staff member is certified in CPR and First Aid and all attend on-going training in relevant childcare topics such as trauma-informed care, social-emotional learning, and more.
After School Child Care Basics:
- Ages: Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- Days & Times: Monday – Friday, 7am-6pm, dates in line with the Knox County Schools calendar.
- Tuition & Fees:
- Full time (4 or 5 days) = $65 per week participants / $51 per week Y members
- Part time (3 or fewer days) = $42 per week participants / $36 per week Y members
- Registration Fee = $50 per child
- DHS certificate funding is accepted. Scholarships are available to families who qualify.
- Register for our wait list
The YMCA is giving public notice of our intent to apply for the Leaps and/or 21st Century Grant for 2019-2020. These are State and/or Federal funds to provide academic support and enrichment programs to schools we serve that meet the at-risk qualifying factors of the grant. Parties interested in partnering to assist in meeting academic and social-emotional goals within this program model may contact Lori Humphreys, VP of Child Care Services at [email protected] or (865) 522-9622.